Sorry for the last minute message but we are setting up tables for lost and found. You can drive by and check it out or stop by when you come today!!
St. Margaret Community:
There are two letters attached – one from the Minister of Education and one from our Director of Education.
In addition please complete the survey using link below.
The survey will remain open until June 30th. I encourage all families to complete the survey by the 30th, noting that we only require one survey to be completed per family.
Also note that there are some translations available of the survey – accessible through the top right of the page when you open the survey.
We will also post the letter and survey on our Board’s webpage.
Mr. J. Schnarr – Principal
|St. Margaret Families:
Schools have been given permission to allow access to our students to retrieve or return items. The process and information below are under the direction of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board and Waterloo Region Public Health.
|Please read over the information below to ensure the safety and health of all.
Student belongings and Report Card will be place on top of the student’s desk for you to retrieve. Any school resources that are being returned should be placed on top of the student’s desk. There is a box at each entrance for Library books.
· Library books
· Home Reading Program Books
· Chromebooks of Students Moving out of our school area and leaving WCDSB (Grade 8 going to a Secondary School with WCDSB keep Chromebook until returning to school)
· 1 family member and 1 child will have access to enter the school (managed by staff), via the following entrances and times:
AM from 9:00 – 11: 30 a.m.:
Room 3 door (walk through Daycare Yard) Mrs. Namespetra-Sullivan (EY)
Front Entrance: Mrs. Idzik (Gr. 2/3)
Mrs. Dow’s Class through the classroom door on the blacktop: (Gr. 2)
Junior Entrance on the blacktop: Mr. Ma (Gr. 4/5) / Mrs. McKinley (Gr.3)
Intermediate Entrance from back of the building: Mr. Rose (Gr. 8) / Miss Stephens (Gr. 7/8)
PM from 12:30 – 3:00 p.m.:
Room 23 door on blacktop: Mrs. Mackay (EY)
Front Entrance: Mrs. Blackmore (Gr. 1)
Mrs. Vale’s Class through the classroom door on the blacktop: (Gr. 1/2)
Junior Entrance on the blacktop: Mrs. Freitas (Gr. 5) / Mrs. Kavanagh (Gr. ¾)
Intermediate Entrance from back of the building: Miss Wegierak (Gr. 7) / Mr. Guagliano (Gr. 6)
· If you have more than 1 child, you will have to exit the building after each class and enter through the appropriate entrance. You can choose the AM or PM that suits you and go to all classrooms.
· Maximum of 7 families (1 parent/guardian and child) in the building at any one time. Grades 4 to 8 students can enter without a parent.
· Thanks for your patience as you will have to wait in line at a safe distance!
· Students can bring his/her knapsack; additional bag(s) for collection of personal items. The school has a limited number of paper bags if needed.
· Any medication stored in the main office will also be available for pick-up at the same time in the main office.
· Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry.
· Individuals are encouraged to wear a face mask
Summer Boost Program – June 29 – July 20, 2020
Free Online Literacy and Numeracy Programs
for Students currently in SK to Grade 7
Beginning June 29th, the WCDSB is offering 15 mornings of FREE literacy and numeracy online learning support for students currently in SK to Grade 7 inclusive through the Summer Boost program. If you are interested in making new friends online, honing your literacy and numeracy skills through fun and engaging stories, games, activities and weekly STEM challenges then Summer Boost is for YOU!
Here are the details: https://www.wcdsb.ca/programs-and-services/summer-boost-program/
- Timelines: June 29 – July 20 (inclusive, excluding July 1st)
- 9:00 – 11:00 am Monday to Friday (15 days)
- Online Resources
- Google Classroom
- Lexia, Knowledgehook, Coding, MathUp
- Math & STEM Learn@Home kits
- Cost: FREE
Student Acceptance: Based on school site, learning profile and time of registration. Maximum of 15 students per class
- Contact: email@example.com
- Registration – REGISTER ONLINE –- Register Early!
St. Margaret Families:
I hope everyone is healthy and happy as we share this challenging journey together, at a distance!
Please stay tuned for more information about what is to come in June:
*Monday June 16th – Catholic School Council ‘virtual’ meeting
*Week of June 22:
-Staff entering the school to prepare student items for pick up
-Student and parent item pick up (please bring own bag)
-Report Cards available at item pick up
-Return Library books during item pick up
-Medication from the Office pick up
-Grade 8 students return chrome books ONLY
-Grade 8 Graduation package pick up
Thank you all for your patience as Hope, Health and Safety remain our priority!!